AlfaMed SECT is currently seeking to recruit a number of experienced Paramedics to join our events medical team to provide event medical support throughout the Midlands and further afield.
AlfaMed Paramedics will provide urgent and emergency care at an event and discharge and refer patients as appropriate. There may be occasions where the Paramedic will need travel to hospital with a patient who is being conveyed by one of our CQC registered partner organisations. Should a patient require hospital admission this will usually be facilitated by the local NHS ambulance trust as appropriate.
AlfaMed Paramedics will usually be working alongside one of our partners and will frequently be the senior clinician on site. There will be occasions when the Paramedic is working alone at an event. Therefore the ability to prioritise patients and effectively lead a junior team is an essential requirement for safe and effective event medicine.
Work is frequently at weekends and will often require the Paramedic to travel to the event. Events are usually in the Midlands but we offer services nationwide. Accommodation and expenses will be provided when appropriate.
Rate of pay is £20/hr plus mileage but some events will attract higher rates of pay.
We also welcome applications from Paramedics who prefer to work for us on a self- employed/ limited company basis.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2yrs post registration clinical experience within a frontline pre-hospital environment.
- Applicants must have significant demonstrable experience of working as a lead clinician and/ or lone worker.
- Applicants must have experience of mentorship, clinical supervision and clinical leadership.
- It is desirable if applicants have event medicine experience.
- Applicants must have a professional attitude toward CPD and be able to demonstrate regular CPD activity and self evaluation.
- Applicants must be highly motivated, professional and proactive practitioners with excellent clinical and decision making abilities.
- Applicants must hold current professional registration with the HCPC and have no current or pending conditions/ limitations to practice.
Successful applicants will be invited to a selection day in Nuneaton Warwickshire where they will meet the AlfaMed clinical team and take part in an interview and clinical scenarios to demonstrate their suitability for the role.
If successful, Paramedics will be added to AlfaMeds’ staff database and will contacted for jobs as they become available.
Staff will be fully covered by our medical indemnity and professional liability insurance when working for us and all necessary clinical equipment and pre-hospital drugs will be provided by the company.
NB- AlfaMed does not currently hold a Home Office licence to supply controlled drugs and so staff will need to acquire their own personal supply for which no licence is needed. We can advise on this and put you in touch with our pharmaceutical supplier should you wish.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions please download the application form via the link below and return to us by email with an up to date copy of your CV.
Should you require further information then please CLICK HERE to contact us.